LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 Lawschoolgirl123
|
I took the LSAT in June and scored 14 points lower than my PTs so I canceled the score (I wasn’t fully prepared for it). Took it again in august and got a score that I was okay with so I kept it. I thought I could get a few points higher on the October exam but I did significantly worse than the August exam (got sick on the day of the exam) so I canceled it.
My question is whether or not I should write an addendum explaining the cancellations. I’m already writing a GPA addendum and don’t want to draw attention to my 2 score cancellations. Thank you in advance!!!
 Jeff Wren
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Lawschoolgirl,

The short answer is you shouldn't need to include an addendum for 2 score cancellations. With Score Preview now available to everyone (for a fee, of course), people are cancelling scores more often, so 2 cancellations is not really that unusual.

Of course, if a particular law school asks you about it, then provide a brief explanation. (Probably best not to mention the lack of preparation the first time, as that could give them a negative impression.)

Here's a link to another answer on this very question with very good information.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38921

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.