LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 talialevy
|
I'm trying to decide whether to take the LSAT for the first time before August or in/after August, when they will drop the logic games section. I'm currently around 164 and my goal is 173+. I am near perfect on the logic games questions i finish (either untimed practice or the games i solve on practice tests), but much slower than the exam pace needed (I think I only answered around half of the questions in AR on that 164 practice test).

I know that AR is the most 'improvable' section, and I'm wondering if it is more doable to drastically fix my timing for LG and improve slightly on the other two sections, or to go for near perfection on those two sections on their own.

Thanks!
 Luke Haqq
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi talialevy!

From what you explain about your situation, it sounds like taking the logic games section could be a great idea.

In particular, you note that you're already getting near perfect on the logic games for the questions that you have time to answer. That's something that you can build on and a great asset. It's certainly doable from that foundation to fix your timing with practice. You can work up to a goal in which you're able to complete 3 games and generally getting them all correct. Once you're able to do that, you can bump it up to a goal of completing all of the games (which would be necessary to do if your goal is 173+).

One thing that I'd recommend, though, is to not draw out the studying for too long of a time. If you're taking the exam in August, that potentially means that you could easily get through all of the practice tests/logic games that are offered before then. That could lead to a situation where you're closer in time to the exam but don't have any new logic games to practice. At the very least, you'll just want to pace yourself at this point so that you don't end up in that boat.

In short, you're absolutely correct that the AR section is the most improvable. The Logic Games Bible is a great tool to help yourself improve, as are any of PowerScore's course materials. The course books provide you with opportunities to drill yourself on any games that give you particular trouble. Doing a combination of drills and taking full tests under timed conditions can be a great way to build up your logic games section and overall score.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.