LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

jupiterlaw
|
Hi!

I am getting quite comfortable with diagramming conditional reasoning and completed all of the questions in this drill correctly except for #12.

I diagrammed this as (C = citizen; V = right to vote):

C –> V
XV –> XC

I interpreted "No citizen can be denied the right to vote" as meaning the same thing as "citizens must have the right to vote" and diagrammed as such.

I am assuming although in "unless equations" whereby you can drop the negative, in this case you cannot and must diagram as the statement is given? I understand why C –> XDRV and DRV –>XC are correct, I just want to clarify why my diagramming is wrong and doesn't mean the same thing.
 jupiterlaw
|
I also just made a similar mistake on pg.203.

I diagrammed the conditional reasoning in the stimulus as follows:
FPS = financial problems solved & BH = be happy because I modelled the diagram after statement #3 not #1.

BH –> FPS
XFPS –> XBH

I got the right answer (E) but the answer key said the reasoning should be diagrammed as SFP –> XH; H –> XSFP.

I am not sure what I am not understanding that's making me make this similar mistakes and if they are significant since I'm still getting the right answer, but I am worried if this could cause me problems with future questions.
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
This covers #12 and many similar problems: viewtopic.php?f=1356&t=13699

Happily, almost every question one could ask about LRB content has been asked before and can typically be found somewhere in this forum :-D
 jupiterlaw
|
Dave Killoran wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:32 pm This covers #12 and many similar problems: viewtopic.php?f=1356&t=13699

Happily, almost every question one could ask about LRB content has been asked before and can typically be found somewhere in this forum :-D
Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.