LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

jupiterlaw
|
I am confused on when to use subscripts versus the AND construction for diagramming.

Example: The answer key diagrams question #2 on pg. 240 of the LRB as JD –> DED whereas I originally diagrammed this as LD and CO –> J or DR
  • - LD = large number of demerit points, CO = convicted of serious driving offence, J = go to jail, DR = driver re-education.
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
It's really your call--they both can be used to achieve the same end. Usually for me when I start to see three or more terms, I think about subscripts as possibly being helpful. But the choice of what to do is in your hands, so keep working with it and examining the choices being made.

Thanks!
 jupiterlaw
|
Dave Killoran wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:37 pm It's really your call--they both can be used to achieve the same end. Usually for me when I start to see three or more terms, I think about subscripts as possibly being helpful. But the choice of what to do is in your hands, so keep working with it and examining the choices being made.

Thanks!
Thanks! That makes sense.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.