LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to LSAT Logical Reasoning.
 LucianoLarkin
|
How can I improve my accuracy in choosing the correct answer between two choices in the Logical Reasoning section of the LSAT?

I have made significant progress in the Logical Reasoning (LR) sections of the LSAT, but I am determined to further increase my score. However, I often find myself stuck between two answer choices and consistently selecting the wrong one. For instance, on PrepTest 85, questions 9, 13, 18, 19, and 22 were all questions where I almost chose the correct answer but ended up selecting the wrong one. Upon reviewing my incorrect answers, I noticed a pattern of struggling with weak, strengthen, and flaw questions. It seems that I either doubt the correct answer or tend to overanalyze the choices.

To solidify my ability to consistently choose the right answer, I am seeking advice and tips. How can I develop a more reliable approach to selecting the correct answer when faced with two choices? Are there any strategies or techniques that can help me confidently identify the correct answer? I want to improve my decision-making process and ensure that I make the right choice consistently.

Thanks in advance
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Luciano,

The question you ask actually has so many permutations that there isn't strictly one "right" answer to the question. However, this is a great starting point for a framework to think about these choices: https://powerscore.com/lsat/podcast/66

Thanks!
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Luciano,

To add to Dave's comment, you can see explanations for the LR questions (I'm not sure which LR section of 85 you were referring to) of PT 85 here: viewforum.php?f=1282

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.