LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 LegallyUnProficient
|
During this admissions season, I went through a period of self-reflection and decided to pursue reenlistment in the military, specifically joining the Army National Guard. I'm considering taking a year to complete my training and then reapplying to law schools next year. Do you think being an active reservist could be seen as a negative by admissions committees?

I previously posted this in the wrong section.
 Dana D
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey LegallyUn,

Many law school admission deans have gone on the record as saying military service is a desirable trait in applicants. Military experience helps create a diverse student body and can speak to an applicant's work ethic and committment to public service.

I personally am a veteran and heavily relied on my active duty experiences for many of my application materials; I feel this only strengthened my application. I recommend checking out the Service 2 School organization when you reapply; the program sets you up with a veteran mentor who can assist in translating your military experiences most effectively onto your future applications.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.