LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 thomas33
|
Hello,

I am planning to apply to law school this application cycle. I started studying around January with the Powerscore Bibles, and my average LG score was about 10. Now it is about 15-16 average per test (hopefully more with practice). For context, I also work a full time job and study 10-12 hours a week. Do you think there is enough time to improve my LG score before the June LSAT, or should I instead fully focus on LR (19 avg) and RC (19avg) for the Aug/Oct LSATs?

If it is worth it, I certainly will have to focus on getting my LG and RC scores up over the next three months. Hopefully, LSAC doesn't pull anything crazy for its last LG section!

Thank you everyone at PowerScore for all you do!
 thomas33
|
Also my target score is a 170
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
I'd take a shot at LG. You've made solid progress so far in a short amount of time, and the likelihood you can get to 20 right is solid. LR/RC are often harder to perfect than LG, so it seems wise to hedge your bet here and make a run at June.

If for some reason it doesn't all come together, then you'll know by June and can bail to August. Yes, you'd lose time studying LG up until then, but the upside to me seems worth it given where you are now. you should also assess how you feel every month as a double-check.

Cheers and good luck!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.