LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Ask questions about our company, courses, books, and tutoring.
 Sameer Asad
|
Hello. I posted here a few days ago. So I had been doing well in my prep and scoring around 168 in my PTs but generally was averaging around 166. I was getting a -3, -3 on LG, RC and a -5 on LR. I did a few timed sections of LG and LR and was able to get down to a -2 on LG and -3 or even a -2 on LR.

After that I did PT 68 and PT 90 and scored a 168 and 169 respectively. But then I went on to do PT 89, 91, 92 and suddenly I dropped down to 161-162. I am not sure what happened suddenly because I am not struggling with any specific question type but generally scored less. In two of these PTs I had a decent LG and RC but bombed the LR. In another I did well on LG and LR relatively but bombed the RC. I am suddenly lost as to what to do 1.5 weeks before my LSAT because I was hoping to easily score 168-169 and was trying to at least touch 171. But this sudden drop has really confused me on how to go about the next 1.5 weeks.

From the modern LSAT, I still have PTs 86,87,88,93,94 left and a lot of PTs from 50s to 60s. Really confused on how to get back on track because I really want to at least score in the 167-168 range in the April LSAT.

Would appreciate any guidance
 Chandler H
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Sameer Asad wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:43 am Hello. I posted here a few days ago. So I had been doing well in my prep and scoring around 168 in my PTs but generally was averaging around 166. I was getting a -3, -3 on LG, RC and a -5 on LR. I did a few timed sections of LG and LR and was able to get down to a -2 on LG and -3 or even a -2 on LR.

After that I did PT 68 and PT 90 and scored a 168 and 169 respectively. But then I went on to do PT 89, 91, 92 and suddenly I dropped down to 161-162. I am not sure what happened suddenly because I am not struggling with any specific question type but generally scored less. In two of these PTs I had a decent LG and RC but bombed the LR. In another I did well on LG and LR relatively but bombed the RC. I am suddenly lost as to what to do 1.5 weeks before my LSAT because I was hoping to easily score 168-169 and was trying to at least touch 171. But this sudden drop has really confused me on how to go about the next 1.5 weeks.

From the modern LSAT, I still have PTs 86,87,88,93,94 left and a lot of PTs from 50s to 60s. Really confused on how to get back on track because I really want to at least score in the 167-168 range in the April LSAT.

Would appreciate any guidance
Hello Sameer,

Good to hear from you. First of all, don't panic, although a score drop can be alarming to see. You know you're capable of scoring a 169—you already did it!

The issue could potentially be burnout or pre-test anxiety. Try practicing with some individual section drills—spend 35 minutes on an RC section, take a break, review, take a break, and repeat with LR and LG. That way, you will still get through an entire practice test in a day, but it'll be easier for you to slow down and diagnose the problem.

If you're not tracking your incorrect answers, now is the time to do so. Start writing them down, and writing in your own words why the correct answer is right and why the answer you chose is wrong. You can even re-attempt games that didn't go well, a few days later. Take a breather, don't press yourself, and try changing up your studying and review strategies! You've got this. :-D

Hope this helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.