LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 miralion6
|
I have been enrolled in the powerscore live online course for one month now. My diagnostic was at 147 with 16/25 LR ,12/27 RC and ,10/25 LG. I just took my second practice test and made no improvement to my overlall score remaining at 147. My RC improved to 17/27, LR was the same 16/25, but LG got worse at 6/25. At this point I don't know if I should still plan on taking the June LSAT and whether to continue studying LG. Should I just focus more on RC and LR and prepare for the August test?
 Luke Haqq
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi miralion6!

Whether you should cancel your June registration depends on a number of things. For one, it'd be helpful if you had a good idea of the score you're hoping to get. This might be based on a rough draft of a list of the schools you're planning to apply to--what is the range of competitive scores for those schools? If, for example, that range was 147 to 155, then you'd already be scoring in the competitive range for your schools. If the competitive LSAT score range for schools you are interested in is much higher, that is a good reason to consider waiting until the August test.

Another thing to consider is how much time you have to prepare for the June administration versus the August test. If, for instance, you're currently dedicating 5 hours a day, 5 days a week to studying up to the June test but would be working a full time job, or be on school, or both in August, that's a good reason to stay registered for the June test. Studying for the LSAT can be both a sprint and a marathon, where intensive studying within a short time frame can lead to substantial increases in score. If you'll be able to have the same level of intensity or greater in preparation for the August test, then it'd also be fine if you canceled and waited until that administration.

Finally, your test scores suggest that logic games might currently be your weakest section, so that may be another reason in favor of canceling and waiting until August, since logic games will no longer be tested starting with the August test. If you are able to take several more timed tests, that would give you a more accurate measure of how you'd likely do on test day. In addition, taking multiple practice tests between now and June would almost certainly help you do better on the test. Beyond just taking tests, it's also important to review each one to understand why you selected the wrong answer choice and why the correct answers are right. PowerScore's materials are also invaluable tools for understanding basic concepts and strategies and for drilling yourself on particular question types, if there are particular types of questions that you get wrong more often than others.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.