LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 ericsilvagomez
|
Hi all,

I was not sure where to ask about this so I thought I would ask the LSAT community here on the public forum! Could receiving Admissions Consulting backfire on you when doing applications? Could it come across as privileged? While I was doing my research, I saw that Yale Law asks whether you received consulting and that they may prefer candidates who did not. I don’t consider myself an ideal candidate for that law school, but I am interested in applying there and other top-14 schools. The only way I could even afford consulting or tutoring is with the money I saved after graduation, which includes my student loans from my final year. I would appreciate any help! Consulting would take up quite a bit of my savings, but it is something I have considered.
 Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
ericsilvagomez wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:57 pm Hi all,

I was not sure where to ask about this so I thought I would ask the LSAT community here on the public forum! Could receiving Admissions Consulting backfire on you when doing applications? Could it come across as privileged? While I was doing my research, I saw that Yale Law asks whether you received consulting and that they may prefer candidates who did not. I don’t consider myself an ideal candidate for that law school, but I am interested in applying there and other top-14 schools. The only way I could even afford consulting or tutoring is with the money I saved after graduation, which includes my student loans from my final year. I would appreciate any help! Consulting would take up quite a bit of my savings, but it is something I have considered.
Hello ericsilvagomez,

Thank you for the post! We’ve worked with numerous clients over the years who have received acceptances at YLS even after disclosing that information. If you decide to utilize LSAT preparation or consulting services, you should simply list whatever services you utilized and briefly frame it as you doing everything in your power to better your chances and achieve your goals, and there is really no negative impression to be given off of that. 😊

Additionally, the payback for a higher LSAT score can be tremendous, as you can read about in this blog post: https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/is-lsa ... -the-cost/

The higher LSAT score you could receive and best application possible warrant every method of achieving them. You can see all our admissions consulting services here: https://powerscore.com/admissions-consulting.

Thank you!

Julie Lipscomb
PowerScore Test Preparation
800-545-1750

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.