LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 rnishmoto
|
I'm planning to register for the August test (first time) online option.

Is there a benefit to signing up right when the registration window opens, vs waiting until closer to the deadline to make extra sure I'm ready to sit for it? Do days and time slots fill up early?
 Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
rnishmoto wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:08 pm I'm planning to register for the August test (first time) online option.

Is there a benefit to signing up right when the registration window opens, vs waiting until closer to the deadline to make extra sure I'm ready to sit for it? Do days and time slots fill up early?
Hi rnishmoto,

Thank you for the post! You can register for the LSAT administration that you would like to take up until 11:59 pm EST on the registration deadline date. The August administration should be available for registration within the next week or so, at which time LSAC will also provide the registration deadline.

There is no real disadvantage in waiting until close to the deadline to register for a test, but I would avoid pushing it in case you run into any technical or other issues while registering. Note that fees will apply for test date changes requested after the registration deadline.

Registered test takers will receive an email when scheduling becomes available, a few weeks prior to the first test date. It is beneficial to schedule your test with Prometric early. As stated on lsac.org, “Test takers who prefer to test at a certain time of day, or who need a specific start time due to other obligations, should schedule their test as early as possible, as slots are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.”

Additionally, you’ll also want to schedule your test early in case you run into any issues. You can listen to our podcast about past issues with test scheduling and get scheduling tips here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUu4nKDst9U

You can also read more about scheduling and register for the exam on the LSAC website.

Thank you!

Julie Lipscomb
PowerScore Test Preparation
800-545-1750

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.