LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 cenubyavuz
|
Hi,

I took the June 2024 LSAT and just 2 days before the score release, I received an email saying that my score is temporarily on hold. How should I read into it?
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
cenubyavuz wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:07 pm Hi,

I took the June 2024 LSAT and just 2 days before the score release, I received an email saying that my score is temporarily on hold. How should I read into it?
Hi,

I hope your score will be released soon. I wouldn't read too much into it. It could be something as simple as someone accidentally walking behind your testing area, background noise, or you touching your face often at some point, so it was flagged for review to make sure it was accidental and not cheating. Anecdotally, most students report that their scores were eventually released, so I hope this helps relieve some anxiety.

Thanks!
 cenubyavuz
|
It just makes me uncomfortable. I saw people saying that it is usually an indicator of big score jump. This is my second take. I got both excited and scared.
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
cenubyavuz wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:13 pm It just makes me uncomfortable. I saw people saying that it is usually an indicator of big score jump. This is my second take. I got both excited and scared.
Hopefully, a score jump is the case for you. :) We have heard some anecdotal reports of that as well. :) If it helps, Jon Denning posted a longer explanation of score holds in this Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/LSAT/comments/ ... are_button
 cenubyavuz
|
I hope this is the case. Waiting is crucial, really. They don't inform you about the reason, or at least telling that there is nothing to be worried about. I hop the end will be a happy result.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.