LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

ChicaRosa
|
I'm having a hard time understanding what the last sentence
These results support the hypothesis that people prefer music they have heard on an earlier occasion to music they are hearing for the first time
means because it sounds like a contradiction. I mean if the song that you heard a song on an earlier occasion wouldn't it mean that you heard for the first time? In the stimulus it seems like the more often a song is played the chances of liking it is higher.

Thank You!
 Emily Haney-Caron
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi ChicaRosa,

That last sentence could be re-phrased as, "These results support the hypothesis that, on the present occasion, people prefer music they have also heard on an earlier occasion to music they are hearing for the first time on the present occasion."

My sentence and the sentence in the stimulus mean the same thing. Does that help at all?
 ChicaRosa
|
Emily Haney-Caron wrote:Hi ChicaRosa,

That last sentence could be re-phrased as, "These results support the hypothesis that, on the present occasion, people prefer music they have also heard on an earlier occasion to music they are hearing for the first time on the present occasion."

My sentence and the sentence in the stimulus mean the same thing. Does that help at all?
Hello again!

Yup your explanation is helpful :-D

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.