LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 bgdc
|
Hi everyone! I've been going back through my ziplock bag for tomorrow's test and have stumbled upon a completely random question that I can't find answered anywhere-

We're allowed to bring a beverage of up to 20 oz in a plastic container or juice box in our clear bag. I have an apple juice box, because the sugar will give me energy, but does that mean I'm not allowed to take a small bottle of water as well? As in, two small beverages that together are under 20 oz? Am I allowed two juice boxes (they're each under 7 oz for goodness sake...) or do I have to stick to a one beverage maximum?

Thanks and sorry for the random question!
 Ron Gore
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi bgdc,

From the LSAC website, what is permitted: "beverage in plastic container or juice box (20 oz./591 ml maximum size) and snack for break only."

The use of the singular here, which for context was surrounded by the use of both the singular and the plural, implies you can bring only one beverage. I doubt it's a huge issue, but I would keep to one to be safe. At very least, before entering the testing room,
you should ask a testing official whether the two beverages is a violation, so that you could come into compliance before entering the testing room, should it be an issue.
Good luck!

Ron
 bgdc
|
Thanks Ron! That's what I thought but I wanted to be sure- Guess I'll stick to the juice box for the energy :)

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.