LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 anahi78
|
I read that it is recommendable to circle your answers on the booklet and then transfer. Is that advisable? Thanks!
 KelseyWoods
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Great question, Anahi!

There are really two approaches you can take to transferring your answers to the bubble sheet. The one you choose is really up to you and your personal preferences.

First, what you shouldn't do. Do NOT circle the answers for the entire section and save all of your bubbling for the end. What if you run out of time at the end to bubble in your answers? You would have spent all that work answering the questions and have nothing to show for it!

The acceptable methods are:

1.) Bubble as you go. In this method, you would determine the answer to question 1, then bubble in the answer on your answer sheet, move on to question 2, etc. Whether or not you circle the answer before you bubble it is up to you, though, personally, I find I'm more accurate in transferring if I circle the answer first.

2.) Bubble two pages at a time. In this method, you would answer all the questions on the two facing pages, circling the answers as you go, and then transfer them to your answer sheet before turning the page in your booklet.

Method #1 usually takes more time than Method #2 but Method #2 usually results in more transfer errors.

Whichever method you go with, it's important to use answer sheets when you take your practice tests so that you practice your bubbling method as well. After all your hard work studying for the test, you wouldn't want to lose points for bubbling incorrectly!

Best,
Kelsey
 anahi78
|
Thanks Kelsey,

I have been practicing with bubbling the answers directly and not circling at all. Wouldn't the extra step of circling take too much time. What is the disadvantage of bubbling each answer as you go?

Anahi :)
 KelseyWoods
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Anahi,

Personally, I circle because it's part of my thought process. I'm always writing on my test book. As I go through answer choices, I cross out the ones I think are correct. After I decide which one is correct, I circle it. It doesn't cost me much time because my pencil is next to it anyway and it helps me remember which letter I should be bubbling. If I spent a lot of time thinking about B and D and ultimately chose B, I might accidentally bubble D because I had also been thinking about that letter a lot. Circling helps me feel more confident that I'm bubbling correctly.

But you should do what works for you! :) If you don't need to circle, then don't. If you've been practicing both ways, you should have an idea about what feels more comfortable for you and you should also be able to determine if one way results in more transferring errors for you.

Kelsey
 anahi78
|
Thanks for the tip!!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.