LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 babarbuziness
|
Hi,

I finished the full length course and wrote the LSAT, and largely burned through most of the material. I got a decent score, but I think I can definitely do a bit better especially since I scored less than what I was averaging for the Reading Comp section. In hoping to rewrite I was wondering if it would be worthwhile purchasing new material such as the Bibles, Workbooks, or other material to supplement the 3 lesson books I got from class.

However, is there a difference between the concepts in the bible and learning the concepts from lessons? Also, is it worthwhile buying new practice material or will it be composed of most of the same questions from the same material available online or from the Lsat lesson books, because I just wrote the June 2014 LSAT?
 Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey babar,

Thanks for the questions and welcome to the Forum! Let me see if I can explain some of the similarities and differences between the Bibles and the resources you already have from the FL course.

First off, when you enrolled in the FL course you received every single LSAT question available, so there will always be overlap between the content in the course (lessons, hw, online problem sets, practice tests) and anything else you buy in addition to the course. There are just no additional questions out there to use! Of course, most students never get to every single question, so assuming there's at least a fair amount of online content that's still untouched I imagine you've got some fresh material to keep working with (?).

That said, the Bibles, and especially the Workbooks, will definitely have additional content that you haven't seen as part of your course, no matter how many questions you worked through. For the Bibles that content will be in the form of extended conceptual discussions of a number of ideas/question types, as well as some drills and practice sets. For the Workbooks they're almost entirely new, as they're made up largely of practice drills that we create to reinforce concepts/strategies. The real questions in the Bibles will also be in the course, but the entirety of those books definitely isn't.

As for differences in concepts themselves, I think you'll find the Bibles present ideas very consistently with the course, but the Bibles tend to go into greater detail/depth. So we'll address, say, Assumptions the same way in each, but the Assumption chapter in the Bible is more expansive than the text in the Assumption lesson (and typically even goes beyond the additional text in the homework).

So I definitely don't think you need to go buy new practice material per se (practice tests), and it may be the case that, unless you really do want expanded versions of the conceptual ideas from the course, the Bibles aren't entirely necessary. The most novel things you could work with at this point would be the Workbooks, which, as I mentioned, are mostly comprised of completely unique content.

Last thing: don't ever feel like redoing questions you've already seen, even recently, isn't worthwhile! I love revisiting questions and trying to refine my initial approach, or learn more than I might have the first time through. That's a great way to perfect your understanding of the test, so please don't limit yourself only to "new" content. The "burned" stuff is still incredibly valuable!

I hope that helps clarify things a bit. Any other questions please let me/us know!

Jon

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.