LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 ccampise
|
So although my score jumped 7 points when I took this test and I'm really happy with that (to a 155 from a 148), I saw most of my increases in LR and RC. Sadly my LG section actually went down 2 points (only got 8 correct). However, I feel as if the points I earned in the LG section were done so in a much more efficient way (as opposed to lucky guessing) than test 1. Nevertheless I'm starting to get nervous about the games, especially being that we're on lesson 7 in the online course and looking ahead it seems that we won't really be covering the core game types anymore. The linear games especially have me a bit worried being that I've gotten a bit more comfortable with the grouping games over the last few lessons, and haven't been doing too many of them. So basically my question is what should I do? Should I open up the LG bible and start practicing more games out of there at the expense of some of the class homework? Or should I just continue with what the class is teaching and just really focus on games during the month of self prep that I'll have? I just don't want the class to end and end up finding myself stuck with not enough time to really get a handle on the games.
 Nikki Siclunov
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi ccampise,

Thanks for your question, and congrats on making a 7-point jump! I would not worry about your Logic Games score (yet). You obviously have a much better handle on the games than you did before, and your accuracy clearly reflects that. What you lack is speed, which will come gradually. Remember - speed is a function of efficiency. As you practice with more games (timed or untimed), your setups will improve, and so will your ability to make inferences. This will directly impact your speed. You'll also start recognizing limited solution set games, and use Templates to solve them. In short, you still have a lot to learn, and a lot more to master. At this point in time, your goal should be to understand how the games work, even if you can't do it in under 8:45 mins.

In addition, just because you guys are at Lesson 7 doesn't mean you won't be going over Linear, Sequencing, or Grouping games again. You will: you'll be taking two more Practice Tests as part of the course, the full explanations of which are available online. You will also be examining numerical distributions in Linear and Grouping games (Lesson 9) and learning how to attack really difficult games (Lesson 11). This will give you ample opportunity to address any concerns you may have about certain game types. I would leave the Bibles for after the course is over: you don't want to fall behind in your homework! Clearly, RC and LR are your strengths, and if you've already noticed improvement in these areas, chances are you will improve even more.

Once the course is over, go over the relevant chapters in the Logic Games Bible along with the LGB Workbook (which contains a plethora of additional drills that you can do without burning through practice tests). Make sure to save at least half a dozen Practice Tests to do under timed condition, in addition to 3-4 tests that you may take untimed.

We're here if you need us :-) Good luck!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.