LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 crogati@gmail.com
|
Hey Powerscore,

How are the supplements composed? Can I expect every 25 questions to be reasonably similar to a typical LR section? I found the first 25 very difficult, though I switched my approach on this set for sake of experimenting w/ timing. I got a lot wrong. Typically, I only get 2-5 wrong per LR section.
 crogati@gmail.com
|
Whoops! I may have been in denial of my bad strategy since I approached the 25 questions back to front, and the composition of the 25 questions as a whole seemed similar enough to a typical LR section. I believe I found the info that explains my difficulty: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/bid/325 ... -Reasoning
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi C,

The supplements aren't done in sections of 25 (because most people don't divide them up in that fashion). Instead, starting from the question 1, in general the difficulty builds until it makes a first peak, then it drops back down before peaking again at the end. So, by starting at the end, you started with the toughest questions of all :-D

Why do we do it this way? Because this is homework, and we want students to start out on questions that are a bit easier in order to complete so that they can see the concepts in action as clearly as possible. As they do more questions, difficulty rises so that the challenge becomes greater. Once they reach the first peak and hit some extremely tough questions, we drop back down so that even though they are still doing tough questions, they now seem easier. This shows how difficulty is relative, and also builds confidence. We rise back up at the end in order to end close the session on tough questions once more so as to really drive the concepts home and provide a max-difficulty challenge.

I want students to use the homework as a tool—sometimes timing sets and sometimes not—so that the concepts sink in as well as possible. If it's just regular timed sections you want, there are lots of extra test sections available for that (and we have them there for just that purposes, since doing timed sections is critical!).

Please let me know if that helps. Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.