LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 moshei24
|
I'm about to print out the June 2012 test to do in the morning, and the each LG is on two pages. I've never seen that before. Is that how it was on the real test? If so, is that how it's going to be moving forward? Should I expect it to be that way on the next test?

Thanks!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
This is the new format, and something we've covered extensively in the post-June 2012 classes and on our blog. It's a huge bonus to test takers, and something that will be part of the LSAT going forward.

They did not announce this change prior to the exam, and it was a surprise that they made the change after 20 years of complaints about the 1-page LG format. I'm glad they finally did...

Thanks!
 moshei24
|
So the games are going to be on the left and right pages, so I won't have to turn back and forth?
 moshei24
|
And if so - I'm better off making my diagrams on the second page with most of the questions, right?
 moshei24
|
Or what's a better way to approach this? Can you link me to the blog, please?

Thanks!
 Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Here's a blog post about the switch http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/bid/231 ... Logic-Game

Really I'd say just diagram wherever you like man. The beauty of this is that that's no longer something you have to worry about, since there's plenty of room on both pages. However, if you want something consistent diagram on the second page (right hand side) where the majority of questions are, since then your main setup and the questions will be next to one another.
 Jason Crandall
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Another great benefit of this additional room is how you are able to address local questions. With so much extra space, you are able to draw a simplified diagram for every local question (just keep an awareness of time while doing so).

A couple of quick tips for utilizing local diagrams:
  • Identify the diagram by question number and, where applicable, by local condition (e.g,. For a question such as, "12. If L is not second, which of the following could be true?", label your new diagram with: "12. L2:")
  • To simplify these diagrams, omit certain details that were included in your main diagram (e.g., initial not laws) and focus on new constraints
  • Remember to take advantage of local diagrams on future questions with similar conditions or constraints
  • If your diagram disconfirms a possibility, simply cross it out rather than erasing it
We're all quite excited about this change and we suspect all of you are, too.
 moshei24
|
I'm not such a fan of using the extra space to do a question. I'm more into doing the questions next to the questions, so it's clear which one I'm working on. It does help with drawing out templates and making big diagrams and not having to worry about those times where there is literally no space to make a diagram.

People, like me, who don't really need the extra space to do games efficiently shouldn't be too excited about this, because won't this new space help people who don't do well with space score higher and in the future end up hurting the curve for those who do the same on games with a lot of a little space?

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.