LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Jefferson9921
|
It's frustrating because upon review, I almost immediately saw why the correct answer was correct, but I'm struggling to see why specifically my incorrect answer is incorrect. In fact, I think I actually changed my answer choice from E to C during the test.

Need to get better at trusting my instincts--most of the time when I miss more than 1 or 2 questions in an LR section, it's because I changed my answer from the correct AC to an incorrect one.
 Jonathan Evans
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi, Jefferson!

Wavering between two answers and choosing the wrong one is frustrating!

However, while your instincts may be good, I might suggest that your good instincts are a product of sound analysis.

You should lean into these methodical, analytical skills to get to the correct answer consistently.

When you're down to answer choices (C) and (E), step up your game. Ask yourself whether you can prove (C) or (E). Which passes the Fact Test™?

What do we know?

RS :arrow: R

RS :some: (SE & GOO)

Answer choice (C): Can we prove R & GOO :arrow: RS?

No, you can't get there from the propositions in the stimulus. Take your instincts one step further into action and methodically find the correct answer.

I hope this helps!
 averifoster1@gmail.com
|
I got this question right, but it took me way too much time and I ended up running out of time in the section, which I normally never do on LR. Is there a way to get faster at this question type? Looking back on the question, it makes a lot of sense to me now, and I just do not understand why it stumped me so hard during the PT. I have been averaging -3 in LR and in this section got -7 :cry:
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
averifoster1,

The best thing I can advise here is just to be quick with Formal Logic. If you know how to diagram formal logic statements and know the common inferences (and which inferences are invalid), you'll go quicker on this one. But I also want to say that this stimulus is abstract and kind of difficult to untangle, so, while my tips should definitely make this one go quicker, it's still going to take a little time just because of the abstract subject matter.

Robert Carroll

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.