LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 Emma306
|
I took the LSAT in January, and took the writing portion at the same time. Since I have an LSAT writing on file, I heard that I do not have to take it again. However, when I heard that they were changing the format of the LSAT writing, I didn't hear anything about whether that means I need to take it again or not.

I just signed up for the September test and another LSAT writing shows up on my account and I just want to make sure that I do not need to take it. I assumed it wouldn't even be an option to take it since I already had. I also feel confident in my performance on the initial writing test I took, so I don't feel the need to take it again if it isn't required.

Thank you!
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Emma306 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 1:31 pm I took the LSAT in January, and took the writing portion at the same time. Since I have an LSAT writing on file, I heard that I do not have to take it again. However, when I heard that they were changing the format of the LSAT writing, I didn't hear anything about whether that means I need to take it again or not.

I just signed up for the September test and another LSAT writing shows up on my account and I just want to make sure that I do not need to take it. I assumed it wouldn't even be an option to take it since I already had. I also feel confident in my performance on the initial writing test I took, so I don't feel the need to take it again if it isn't required.

Thank you!
Hi!

Per LSAC 's website, as long as you have a reportable writing sample (from the past 5 years) your previous writing sample is fine, and you do not need to complete the new LSAC writing. :) If you're seeing otherwise on your account, I would give LSAC a call to double-check that everything is correct on your account. Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.