LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 taylorcoan
|
Hi! I have scored about 4-5 points higher than my diagnostic test on the practice tests I've taken since then, however it seems that no matter how much work I put into studying or practice problems I can't seem to get higher than a certain score. Does that indicate that I probably won't score higher? If not, how can I break the barrier and begin to see better test results? Thank you!
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
taylorcoan wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:15 pm Hi! I have scored about 4-5 points higher than my diagnostic test on the practice tests I've taken since then, however it seems that no matter how much work I put into studying or practice problems I can't seem to get higher than a certain score. Does that indicate that I probably won't score higher? If not, how can I break the barrier and begin to see better test results? Thank you!
Hi Taylor,

If it helps ease your concerns, this is actually a common question for students! Here are some resources that may help. :-D

Score Plateau? Focus on the Process
How to Increase Your LSAT Score When You Are Stuck
Why Breaks from the LSAT Can Increase Your Score
Why Did My LSAT Score Go Down When I First Started Studying?
 askuwheteau@protonmail.com
|
Good afternoon,

I'm working through the T&A drills and my workbooks. I notice great improvement in my problem recognition and recognition speed when going through the drills and closely analyzing my tests (all questions both right and wrong) after taking them. Is there a stat regarding whether MBT questions (from the first family) are encountered in LR to a greater extent than than other questions like Resolve the Paradox questions?

I'm including a screenshot of my Excel PrepTest Trend Analysis logger which I created to help me see trends for guiding my practice. It is planned to do MBT drill set V2 as a way to help boost my performance in both LR and RC (in RC am focusing on law passage drill sets too).

Thanks,

Jonathan Sloan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 Jeff Wren
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Jonathan,

Here's a link to a breakdown of question types by frequency.

https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/the-mo ... ion-types/

These stats are specific to the June 2013 - June 2015 LSAT, but should be a good estimate to use.

As you will see, MBT are one of the most frequently appearing question types in LR, just behind Flaw.
|
Thanks Jeff. Is there any more recent data which may be indicative of what the question frequency types might be on the April 2025 LSAT which is the one that I plan on taking?
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
askuwheteau@protonmail.com wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:35 am Thanks Jeff. Is there any more recent data which may be indicative of what the question frequency types might be on the April 2025 LSAT which is the one that I plan on taking?
We don't know for sure what LSAC will do now that LG is no longer on the test. But we do have some predictions in our Crystal Ball Webinar recording - which is available in online accounts if you're a PowerScore Course student with us. Thanks!
|
Thanks Stephanie! I am part of the T&A pack subscription. Does this enable access to the Crystal Ball webinars and if so, how do I go about accessing them?
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
askuwheteau@protonmail.com wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:54 am Thanks Stephanie! I am part of the T&A pack subscription. Does this enable access to the Crystal Ball webinars and if so, how do I go about accessing them?
Hi! Yes, the Crystal Ball should be in your Online Student Center. If you need help locating that, please email us at contact@powerscore.com. :)

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.