LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 Michel50
|
I tried to register for the September 2024 LSAT and found out I am at my test taking limit. I did not realize that my first exam that I cancelled would count against me. I was ready for this exam as I am no longer working two jobs with changing hours every week (such as closing one week, mid shifts, mornings other days/weeks). I now have found a stable job that gave me a set schedule and the financial ability to afford lsat study classes. But, when I saw I reached my limit, I called twice and one person told me 2027 and the other 2028 to take the next exam. I wanted to know if anyone in a similar situation has appealed for their test taking limit?
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Michel,

I'm sorry to hear you've run up against LSAC policies. Almost any time you see exam content--even on a test you self-cancelled--they count it :( The exception is an LSAC-cancelled test (they cancelled your exam, usually for a technical issue), fwiw.

I can't see your full test history here but the scores drop off after 5 years, so after 5 years from your first exam you'd be able to take the next available exam.

I've seen appeals be successful, but usually there are some extenuating circumstances--medical, technical, etc--that are compelling enough for them to change their policy. Otherwise, they are rather inflexible. So if you have a good enough reason or had a technical issue with some prior test, I'd take a shot at appealing (and frankly, there's no harm in it so try regardless).

Thanks and good luck!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.