LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 HarmonRabb
|
I'm currently prepping for the argumentative writing portion and I'm not sure how bullet-proof the arguments supporting my thesis need to be? I understand it's not scored, but obviously it's evaluated by someone at some point. Specifically, if you can poke a hole in one of my arguments, how bad is that? I'm not looking to make weak arguments, but after reviewing some of my practice questions following timed writing, I realized "oh, that point can be rebutted by xyz".

example: In the practice question about parents having a role in deciding school curriculum, I took the position that parents should have no role in deciding what should be taught in schools. One of my arguments was "If there had to be a consensus among parents to set a curriculum, consensus would almost guaranteed to be impossible due to conflicting and diverse viewpoints and values"

After I was done writing, I thought it's a poor argument because it assumes too much. It assumes that having a role is synonymous with having complete control over it.

Is
 HarmonRabb
|
(Hit submit by mistake)

Is this likely a problem? Perhaps more succinctly, do you have any insight into how stringently these are evaluated?

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.