LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 aristophanes
|
I recently completed Powerscore's full length lsat course (which started in August and ended in October) with the intention of taking the October 2013 test. However, I was still improving by the end of the course, so I decided to wait for the December test.
I've finished pretty much everything in the workbooks, which are mostly concerned with teaching individual types of questions. I don't really have issues with particular problem types anymore, so I am trying to work on my time management and test taking rhythm. For example, I am not missing specific types of Reading Comprehension questions, but I am having trouble finishing the section. I feel like the only way to improve in this respect is to simply take more tests. However, there aren't that many remaining practice tests available on the powerscore student center to last until December. I think there are around 15 that I have not taken yet, which only comes out to about 1 test every 4 days. Are there any more resources or ways to study out there I may not have considered?
Thanks for the help folks!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Aristophanes,

Thanks for the question (and great username)! I'm going to refer you to a few different resources, which will hopefully address the idea of how to study the remaining material in a way that results in the highest score. The good news is that there is still a lot of work to be done (the first link below, in particular, addresses this point):

If you have additional questions after checking out the articles above, please let me know and I'll do what I can to assist you.

Also, the way the course is built is that it initially segments each question type so we can isolate the basic elements in play, and the dynamics behind each concept. As the course goes on, we begin to mingle those ideas, and then near the end of the course we work all of the ideas together. This is one reason we offer 20+ practice tests online--we want the mid- to ending experience to be focused on taking complete tests. You've reached this end section, so the focus now will be on seeing the abstract operations of the questions (Addressed in the articles above), which will in turn help with timing.

Please let me know if that helps. Thanks!
 aristophanes
|
Thanks for the advice! I took a break from studying the past couple weeks, and have recently made some changes to my studying style by implementing some of the advice you posted. I now feel more confident about my study schedule for the new month.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.