LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Just an FYI for all current law school applicants: I will be conducting a free personal statement seminar on Tuesday night, October 22nd, at 8 PM Eastern. I'll be talking about how to write your law school personal statement, including what the admissions committee is looking for, how to present your story, and what to avoid. To give you a taste of what we will discuss, here are a few of the seminar examples, each drawn from actual essays submitted by our Admissions Consulting students:
  • 1. Is the following a strong opening for a personal statement? Leadership is an essential ingredient at all levels of human life. I strive throughout all aspects of my life to be a leader, whether on the playing field, in the classroom, or at work. It is not always the strongest, smartest, or even most courageous person that makes a great leader. A great leader is someone who recognizes the needs of others, helps them see how those need’s can be met, and gives them the confidence that they can succeed through their own efforts. This definition of leadership is one that I remind myself of often.

2. Is this a good or bad first sentence? I was a bully in middle school.

3. Is the following an acceptable topic for the personal statement? Atheism.
If you are interested, please sign up at:

..... http://www.powerscore.com/freeseminars

I look forward to seeing you Tuesday night :-D

Have any questions? Please do not hesitate to ask. Thanks!
 Nadia0702
|
HI Dave,
Thanks for offering this seminar. PowerScore has been a huge help through the entire process of applying to law school!

I have never attended a live seminar - do we have a chance to ask questions via the chat? Also, will this one be recorded and available after tonight?

Thanks!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Nadia,

Great, glad we've been able to help! And, the answer to all of your questions is yes :-D

There will be two other instructors in the room tonight answering chat questions, while I will focus on talking about the personal statement. Then at the end we'll open it up to further chat, and occasional live commentary. Once the session closes, a link will be sent out that allows you to access the session again, as many times as you want.

Please let me know if that answers everything. Thanks!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Just fyi for anyone reading, this seminar has concluded, but you can view it in our LSAT Free Help area, at http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/#free-lessons. Just click on "The Personal Statement" to watch the recording of the seminar (it will need to download Java first, if you don't have it). The seminar runs about 90 minutes.

If you have any questions after viewing it, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.