LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 Luna
|
Hello!

So, I have received my LSAT report from this past October, but I have done unexpectably horrible. My score would not even be considered at most law schools. It is completely not what I expected compared to the scores I was getting on my practice tests.

Now, what is the best thing to do when applying to schools? I want to apply for 2014 academic year, but my score will be shown to the schools. I chose not to cancel because I had thought I did fairly well on the test. Because of this I have of course signed up for the December LSAT.

Can I still apply to schools even with this terrible score? or will the schools completely discard my application once they see my score?

I want to be able to stay on top of my applications, but I do not know if it is possible to submit applications now without this very important component that would not be available until January.

The schools I apply to(many of which have a way higher average LSAT) would see the bad score and still be waiting for the good score.

If I want to get my applications in without waiting on this score, should I just go ahead and submit? will the schools see that I am taking the December LSAT?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
 David Boyle
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Luna wrote:Hello!

So, I have received my LSAT report from this past October, but I have done unexpectably horrible. My score would not even be considered at most law schools. It is completely not what I expected compared to the scores I was getting on my practice tests.

Now, what is the best thing to do when applying to schools? I want to apply for 2014 academic year, but my score will be shown to the schools. I chose not to cancel because I had thought I did fairly well on the test. Because of this I have of course signed up for the December LSAT.

Can I still apply to schools even with this terrible score? or will the schools completely discard my application once they see my score?

I want to be able to stay on top of my applications, but I do not know if it is possible to submit applications now without this very important component that would not be available until January.

The schools I apply to(many of which have a way higher average LSAT) would see the bad score and still be waiting for the good score.

If I want to get my applications in without waiting on this score, should I just go ahead and submit? will the schools see that I am taking the December LSAT?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Hello luna,

I don't have any *definite* advice (what if I told you to do something, and it didn't work?), but I suppose an option is to apply now, and you could (if you like) tell the schools that you're taking the LSAT again soon, and that you feel you performed way below your ability, and/or that you weren't feeling well the day of the test (if that happened to be true), or any other reason you feel you didn't do well on the test (if that reason happened to be true).
So, your call, and think carefully about what to do!

Hope that helps,
David

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.