LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 mattm
|
How would you space out your prep materials if you are aiming for a December LSAT?….I took it in June and looking to improve on my second LSAT

I feel like even if I did a RC section and an LG section starting from Prep Test 20 and worked my way up, I would end up using all the Prep test well before test day ( over 130 days away)…..how should space out my prep so I am not just memorizing questions and answers?….going through the second time makes reading arguments, game setups, RC passages easier and remembering answers is also easier even though I am trying to act as if it is the first time I've seen it, ….so I've gotten inflated scores….I started prepping in Mid February and took a few weeks off this summer….I would like to aim for December though to take advantage of maximizing the two extra months.

One of the reasons I would like to take advantage of the two extra months is that partially because of the lower drops in applicants the law schools I have contacted have told me that I wouldn't be at risk of too many seats filling up in rolling admissions…..so I feel like I would personally rather get a great score of a 165 in december than a solid 160 in Sept……,I'm prepping now in case I do decide to go for September and will register for it even if I cancel before the exam.
 mattm
|
Another reason I may wait until December is because I have heard from other test takers because of anxiety or other issues there often seems to be a drop between practice test scores and exam day scores ( I unfortunately got a lower exam score than my practice as well)

Even if I was PTing at 165 in September, I probably wouldn't want to risk the chance it may fall to a 161-162 on test day and I push it back so I could use the extra two months to improve….I'd probably like to score 168 in mid September if thats the exam date I choose, I have also been constantly improving so I want to maximize my score as well,

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.