LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 shirsch
|
I have now taken 3 practice tests, and I am still scoring the same as I had exactly before I started my course. I went back between test 2 and 3 and watched every online supplement for each lesson I have done so far (1-8), and I have done every homework problem as well as other problems in the book. I even made flash cards for the key terms in each of those videos to study.

Is there anything you would recommend doing to get my score up, because I feel like when I go to take the test I don't have time to remember all the things I do in class, and while I try to keep them in the back of my mind, I focus on taking the test? I am not doing horribly with time, so I don't really know how else to improve my score, any advice?
 Lucas Moreau
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hello, shirsch,

I have two main strategies that might help you, one for increasing speed and one for increasing fluency. Since you said you're not doing too badly with time, I'll start with the second. :-D

Look at the practice tests you've taken, the practice questions you've done. Observe how many you got wrong and right of each different question type. For example, you might do very well with Strengthen questions, but have trouble with Flaw in the Reasoning questions.

Going over your prior results will tell you which areas you need to specifically concentrate on, and which areas you're already strong in and don't need as much study in. This might help more than simply doing whole practice tests. The Online Student Center has useful material for each individual question type and game type, in all three sections, so try and concentrate on areas where you most need improvement.

For time, there's another trick I used to boost my speed while studying for my own LSAT. ;) Set out a practice section - not a whole test, just one section - and measure how long it takes you to finish every question. Complete the whole thing, don't worry about 35 minutes.

Now look at how long you took. If it took you, as it did for me my first time, 70 minutes to fully complete the section, try another section with a timer set to 65 minutes. Do that until you're reliably able to complete a section in that time, then reduce the time to 60 minutes. And so on, and so forth. That should help you shave those last few stubborn minutes off. 8-)

Hope that helps,
Lucas Moreau

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.