LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 rezamza
|
Just wondering how many prep tests people have been taking during their studies? Ill be taking the December test and just laid out a pretty thorough study regiment. I have exactly 11 weeks til test day and didnt want to get too burned out with prep/mock tests. I was thinking one every other day or so until a month before the test, and then about one per day almost everyday until the test (with a couple of tests back-to-back for stamina practice)...does this sound like too extreme of a plan? If anyone has any input Id be more than grateful to hear it.

Thanks
 Steve Stein
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi,

That sounds like quite an ambitious plan! One test every other day leading up to one test every day might be a recipe for burnout. it's great that you're motivated to do what it takes to perform well on this test, but I would recommend some flexibility in your approach. Once you've started taking practice tests you will have a better idea of what is reasonable for you. I would also strongly recommend that you put in a good bit of time reviewing the tests that you have already taken--every set of questions that you got wrong is like a custom-made practice set full of examples that were able to catch you on the first attempt.

I hope that's helpful! Please let me know--thanks!

~Steve
 rezamza
|
Thanks Steve, you're totally right. Getting burnt out is the last thing I want to do before December. Ive revised my now 9-week study plan to incorporate more reviewing after completing PTs, and am shooting for one every few days. Ill also be doing plenty of bible review depending on where my strengths and weaknesses lay...

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.