LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 Pteichreb
|
---------
Last edited by Pteichreb on Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
 Ron Gore
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Patrick!

Congratulations on your score increase. That's awesome!

To get more consistency in your scores, you need to really crunch the data from your practice tests to identify if there are any trends. Without knowing what specifically you are missing, it's really impossible for me to tell you what actions you should take.

Check out this link about how to make the most of your practice tests.

Once you get some more data, let us know and we'll give you some further direction.

Thanks!

Ron
 Pteichreb
|
-----------
Last edited by Pteichreb on Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
 Pteichreb
|
Any thoughts? Would it be advtangeous to take the last week and focus solely on logic games? And only writing one more test, being june 2014 three days before the test?
 Ron Gore
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Patrick,

I apologize, but I just became aware of your followups.

You are scoring quite well, so it is hard to pin down exactly what your issue is. If you are missing Parallel questions, it may be for the same reason you are missing other challenging questions, i.e., you are not pay attention to the language details. The way LSAC makes these questions more difficult is to get more nuanced in how they use language, with modifiers, qualifiers, etc.

On Reading Comp, for Comparative Reading passages focus on where the passages connect. Where you see that they are talking about the same thing, do they agree or disagree. And, also track where they differ, meaning that one of the passages mentions something that the other passage never even talked about (often an application or example of the more general idea expressed in the other passage).

As to games, the fact that you are having such difficulty with grouping games indicates to me that you may not be as strong as you need to be with conditional reasoning. Also, in grouping games, focus on noticing when the rules will close up a group. That's where you'll find your biggest inferences.

I agree that your last full length practice test should be Wednesday, with Thursday to go over it thoroughly. Then take Friday off.

I wish you the best of luck.

Ron

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.