LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 lsatlsat
|
Dear powerscore,

There are several questions the feb 2015 lsat which I would like to ask you. Thank you in advance for your help!

2) I have read on forums that last year's feb lsat LG section was very difficult and weird, and that there were weird old games, such as circular games. So I'm just wondering whether I should practice/learn how to do the outdated games that were present in the 1991-2000? (I have a limited amount of time now until the feb lsat)

Thank you very much! I always very much appreciate your suggestions!
 Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey lsat,

Thanks for the question, it's certainly an interesting one! What happened on the February 2014 LSAT is that one of the games was about people sitting around a table: a classic Circular Game, but an idea they hadn't tested since 2003!

But I'd caution you against thinking that just because the upcoming test is a February LSAT that it's likely to be best represented by this past February's LSAT. Of course, there will be some consistencies--for instance, most February exams are never released, and even the ones that are tend not to be for many years, so it's possible you'll never know the exact content of a February test—but from a content standpoint there's no reason to think that the upcoming test will be any better predicted by last Feb's than by the test a few weeks ago (December 2014, which was exceptionally unexceptional).

The truth is you just can't know!

So my advice is to focus on the elements you can reasonably predict will be there! For Games, that's Basic Linear, Advanced Linear, and Grouping. Make sure you have those ideas down cold, especially as they've been tested in the past two-three years' LSATs, and then if you have extra time you can start looking at less common game types—circular, pattern (there was one in June!), and mapping, to name the big ones.

I hope that helps!

Jon

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.