LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 mattm
|
Hello,

I was wondering, how much extra time ( if any) should I be giving myself when taking a full length practice LSAT?

I am not scheduled to take the LSAT until October 2015 and I recently received time and a half accommodations on the GRE which i plan on taking in March. My goal was to schedule the GRE in March so I could send LSAC the paperwork far in advance in case they had any questions or wanted further documentation.

Should I give myself 53 minute sections ( time and half) now, or should I go for standard time in PT's until i get official word back from LSAC ? Another reason why I scheduled a March GRE take was so I can get an official decision from LSAC quicker regarding my extra time request

The main reason I was wondering is because since timing is such a key element of the LSAT and one reason why it is such a difficult ( but eventually learnable) exam
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Matt,

Since we've talked about this previously, I thought I would jump in. Based on what you've said about your situation, it appears that you won't have an issue getting the extra time from LSAC, so I think that you should take your PTs with time-and-a-half. Also, accommodated test takers are NOT given an experimental, so you can skip that as well. Just take 4 section tests with time and a half, and you will get close to what you get on your actual test day.

Thanks and good luck on the tests!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.