LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 pixiegal
|
I'm planning to self-study. Should I buy secondhand books or new books? I'm debating if I want to get Powerscore 2013 edition bibles at a cheaper price or just buy the new 2015 edition. I know there are changes to the books for Logical Reasoning but will it affect as much? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Pixie,

I think I can help you out here :-D The answer, for two separate reasons, is to get the new books. Here's why:

• 1. Each year, I update each book and make changes and improvements to the text. sometimes these are small clarifications, sometimes they add new pieces, and sometimes I refine the explanations so they are clearer. In the case of the Reading Comprehension Bible, the changes since 2013 have been much more extensive; we significantly reworked that book in an attempt to make it easier to use as well as to give a more concise picture of how our system works.

2. You may be aware that we offer an extensive LSAT Self-Study Area (at http://students.powerscore.com/self-study/index.cfm). That site contains a set of detailed self study plans that are tied to the LSAT Bibles, and since that site is relatively new, the plans are built around the 2015 versions. There were enough changes between 2013 and 2015 that students using older books have run into differences that have caused confusion. So, on that count I think it's most efficient to have the 2015s. And, last thought, the book websites change for each new edition, meaning that those are linked to the 2015s as well, not the 2013 books.
So, just for ease-of-use and having the most up-to-date materials, my suggestion is the 2015 versions. Please let me know if that answers your question, or if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.